Friday, May 31, 2013

Catching Up

I am going to try to update this little by little. Many of you know I found the transition to life in France pretty hard and I still miss all of my friends in Canada and the US a lot. Different language, different customs, different stores, different weather - everything combined made me pretty lonely sometimes, other times just frustrated but more and more I can concentrate on what a great opportunity we all have living France.

Over a year ago, our first houseguests (my parents) arrived and we explored some the area around Chalon.  First stop was Tournus, just south of Chalon, where we found an old car show and a bicycle museum.













Next was Beaune, known for its wine and annual wine auction in aid of the Hospices de Beaune. I love how many places have merry-go-rounds in the centre-ville!









 Then we went to Lons-le-Saunier where we found the 'Vache Qui Rit' and some beautiful countryside along the way.







Notice the rainbow, well, for our first 6-8 weeks in France we had rain just about everyday!

No comments: