Sunday, March 30, 2008

Time Flies

Not quite sure where the time goes - I'm not even sure I can remember much of last week - a holiday, three days of work, one evening meeting and my day off. Pretty much the usual. Except I handed in my resignation letter, this is my second permanent job and the second one I have resigned from to move with Paul. A little scary since our plan right now is for me to stay home until Isabelle and Maggie are settled but I have a long list of things I have been wanting to do so this is my chance.

Saturday was just packed - headed to a cabane a sucre with D. in the morning. This was something I wanted to do with Isabelle before we left Canada. Before we left, we read a book about one and when we got there it looked like it was right out of the book complete with a sleigh ride through snow covered trees. D. was kind enough to let us quiz her about her new vehicle - Paul has sold his truck and we are looking at a Jeep Patriot. I wanted something smaller for fuel economy but surprisingly the Patriot is better on gas than a Rabbit! Since we are going to the US, we can purchase a car through a company which helps with financing and insurance, since we have no history in the US, but they only deal with limited companies. It is roomier than the Forester although Maggie will have less space in the back.

When we arrived home, M & D were in Wolfville cleaning up so we headed over there to lend a hand. Arrived home just in time to throw a roast beef in the oven with a new-to-us sideboard for the kitchen.

Today, we moved few few more things from Wolfville and then headed out to Ross Farm with A & S. No crafts for the girls today but lambs, more maple syrup and lots of running around.
No bites on the house yet but we have had a couple more viewings. Paul is going home next weekend, then we are off to NL for a few days, the two weekends after that may be quiet, then I go to Ottawa for a weekend and Paul head out to the US on May 7th. My plan is to drive down after May 30th - although things may change depending on the house sale and Paul's work schedule. Hard to believe it is coming up so fast.

No comments: