There are definitely things I miss, things I probably took for granted some are huge but others are just little:
- the pain au chocolat from Boulangerie La Vendienne;
- the trails at the research station;
- Peter's Pizza;
- Ross Farm;
- the ocean;
- the organization of the grocery store (why is the bread in two sections at the stores here?);
- the butchers and farm markets;
- Don Connolly, Stan Carew, Carol Off and Barbara Budd (NPR is OK but between the markets and the election, well, it is getting a bit boring, the highlight of my days is listening to the Radio Reader?!);
- phoning up a friend and saying let's get together today;
- Happy Valley Kennels (oh, how I miss Ella and Mike);
- our neighbours on Belcher St and the block;
- walking to downtown Kentville to do errands;
I do have a couple of projects which I need to work on - one for my old job and another new, stamp related, thing but I am finding it hard to find a chunk of time to work on them without interruption. The three hours that Isabelle is at school seems to disappear too quickly.
So, I am in a bit of a funk right now. Maybe I will start planning a post-Christmas trip somewhere to take my mind off the things I miss...